- A European Country ( no restrictions )
- A Nordic National ( no restrictions )
- A Non European Country (full restrictions, visa and work permit required)
Visa Rules for Au-pairs from European Countries
Au-pairs from countries that are within the European Economic Area are free to travel and work in the Austria under the provisions of the European freedom of movement regulations: these regulations permit theÂ free movement of goods, persons, services, and capital among the EEA nations i.e. the right for Europeans to work and live in any other European country of their choosing.
However Sweden does require the Au-pair to obtain a residence certificate if they wish to live and work in Denmark for more than three months. The residence certificate is easy to obtain and routinely issued once applied for.
Countries given full free movement rights by Sweden:
Austria / Belgium / Bulgaria / Czech Republic / Cyprus / Denmark / Estonia / Finland / France / Germany / Greece / Hungary / Iceland / Ireland / Italy / Latvia / Liechtenstein / Lithuania / Luxembourg / Malta / Norway / The Netherlands / Poland / Portugal / Romania / Slovakia / Slovenia / Spain / Switzerland / United Kingdom
Nationals of Nordic nations may reside and work in Sweden. The Nordic nations are;
Finland / Iceland / Norway / Denmark
Visa Rules for Au-pairs from Non European Countries
Sweden permits nationals from Non European countries to work inÂ Sweden as an Au-pair.
In order to be granted a permit you must have:
- a valid passport
- be between 18 and 30 years old
- be able to show that you have a distinct interest in or use for Swedish language studies
- a certificate of admission to the course of study concerned
- a written invitation from your host family in Sweden stating the terms and conditions of your employment as an Au-pair
Your host family must offer you the following
- a maximum of 25 hours housework per week
- studies in Swedish for a large part of the remainder of a normal 40-hour working week
- board and lodging
- a minimum salary of SEK 3,500 per month before tax
You can apply:
- On the Migration Board's website or
- On a Swedish embassy or consulate in the country you are living in. You must use the form Au-pair, no. 131011.
Documents to be included in application
Enclose the following documents with your application:
- Copies of the pages of your passport that show your identity, the validity period of your passport and whether you have permits to be in countries other than your native country
- Two photographs in passport format, taken from the front and that are not more than six months old
- A written invitation from your host family stating the terms and conditions of your employment as an Au-pair.
- A receipt of paid application fee
- A certificate from your place of study stating how many hours per week you will study.
Please note that the aupair visa rules given by Aupair world are meant for guidance purposes only and are not to be relied upon. Au pair world cannot be held liable for this information and reader are strongly advised to seek legal advice from the appropreiate channels in the country they wish to work in.
Au-pair Visas for North America
Au-pair Visas for Europe
Aupair Visa Austria / Aupair Visa Belgium / Aupair Visa Denmark / Aupair Visa Finland/ Aupair Visa France / Aupair Visa Germany / Aupair Visa Ireland/ Aupair Visa Italy / Aupair Visa Liechtenstein / Aupair Visa Luxembourg / Aupair Visa Netherlands / Aupair Visa Norway / Spain / Sweden / Aupair Visa Switzerland / Aupair Visa United Kingdom /
Aupair Visas for AustraliaAupair Visa Australia / Aupair Visa New Zealand/
Aupair World :
- Site Map
- About Us
- Contact US
- Guide to Using the Site
- Free Au Pair Registration
- Free Family Registration
Search Photo Galleries
Photo Gallery of Au pairs
Photo Gallery Of Families
Information Section :